Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Why Do I Climb Mountains?

Beats me.

It gives me a different high...as if I can conquer any problem if I'm able to climb mountain tops.

Great chance to bond with wonderful best friends.

Burns my extra pounds. Although they almost always come back after a week or two.

Allows me to commune with God while trodding the trail.

Allows me to think, think, and think of nothing else except "how far away from the summit?"

Helps me determine if I'm still physically fit.

The exhaustion gives me extra hours of sleep despite the hard ground.

A lame excuse to drink tequila (nothing to do at the summit at night except scare each other with creepy stories)

Perfect backdrop for pictures I could post in my facebook account

To test my husband's patience. His temper goes off when he's outside his comfort zone.

To deal with my own impatinece as well.

There's always a different feeling after every climb. All mountaineers can describe it. I have yet to find the right words. But all of us converge to that same profound experience.

By: Lucilyn B Saylon

No comments:

Post a Comment